Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Things to consider.

KfW2 seems to be very insistent that I will (inevitably) end up joining her new team in work. Apparently her boss has said he's going to re-advertise the job that I'd applied for a few weeks back in the New Year and has made encouraging noises about me. Everyone's (KfW2 and her boss) assumption seems to be that I'll go for it, but I wasn't even THAT excited about it last time, using it as a means to tell my boss how unhappy I was. He still hasn't had a chat with me to talk about it in detail.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I made it clear to my friends that I was planning on withdrawing my application if I actually got anywhere near an interview. I didn't because my boss apparently emailed HR and told them I wasn't available.

But for all the above to happen, they'd have to advertise it at a level that would mean a promotion for me. A sideways move at the same grade will be blocked by my boss. That does make it a little more tempting.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...