Sunday, November 04, 2018

Oh dear.

We had our regular work night out on Friday. I wasn't in the office, but I turned up anyway to meet Stalky Guy and a few others. But I wasn't really feeling it. I had my free drinks and left with a colleague to go to another (better) bar.

It was not long after we settled, pints in hand, that IG started messaging. Did she see me at the work event? Was I still there?

I answered the questions and left it at that. She kept messaging though. There was an element to it, more than a conversation. It was reminiscent of the time she suggested (I think) of staying over at mine when she was out, and drunk.

I played dumb, but she pretty much admitted that she was flirting. I continued to ignore it and then the messages got nasty. I was going to die alone, effectively.

I left her to it (I was back home by this time) and the next morning got a "I'm awful when I'm drunk"

Well, yes IG, you are. But it's more than that. You're nasty. I let her stew on the message before I told her that she would not be repeating it. She apologised at that stage and I repeated that the comments were out of order, but she'd apologised, so I'd moved on. She sent a final message saying that she'd been up all night worrying about it.

I wouldn't say that IG and I are close friends. I barely classify us as friends, though I do have "issues" with classifying people. Another post another time, perhaps.

Still, that's the second time that she's been nasty when I have spurned her advances. A third time will not be tolerated.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...