Friday, November 24, 2017

The more things change.

For reasons unknown, this just popped into my head. I've not thought about this in years - I can't remember if I ever talked about it on the blog before.

Years ago, I can't remember how many, but it's at least ten I think, possibly more, G was visiting home. As it happened, it was the summer. I know a football tournament was on, but I can't remember which.

As my parents were out of town for a week, we started by watching the footy at mine, having a BBQ and a few beers before heading into the town. We headed to a new basement bar that was open that I'd been to a couple of times and always had a decent time.

For most of the night, nothing really exciting happened. G and I propped up the bar and drank heavily.

We got chatting to a girl at the bar, swapped some banter and off she went. I made my excuses and went off to use the little boys' room. When I came back, G was not at the bar where I had left him, but was talking to the girl from the bar. And she had a cute friend. A really cute friend. Brunette, slim/athletic, good figure. Boxes were being ticked. She was wearing a white, thin jumper, blue jeans and heels.

"Here he is, " said G as I made my way over.

"Wassup?" I said.

G handed me a drink. It was a shot of some description.

"That's for you"

I eyed it suspiciously.

"What is it?"

"Just drink it, you muppet," demanded G.

So, I did. In one. It was vile and that was reflected in my face.

"Urgh! What was that?"

"I dunno, " laughed G. "Apparently some fella bought it for these girls and they didn't fancy it."

The girls laughed.

"Urgh, good choice, it was horrid. I need something to cover up the taste. Bleach or sommat"

And with that, the ice was broken.

We chatted with the girls for the rest of the evening. Towards the end, G and I started making noises about getting a cab back to mine. It turned out that one of the girls lived in an area where G and I had both grown up and no more than fifteen minutes walk from where our respective parents currently lived.

"Come back to mine for a drink, " I offered. My fridge was bursting due to the BBQ antics from earlier.

"Noooooo, come back to mine!" said Bar Girl.

So we did.

Back at Bar Girl's place, with beers in hand, it became apparent that Bar Girl's friend was interested in me. I was interested in her, too. But, as usual, I wasn't making a move in front of anyone. The four of us chatted for a couple of hours with G and I trying to get the girls back to mine, mainly because BG had run out of beer. I decided that I need to see how this was going to turn out. G and I had already agreed that Bar Girl's friend was interested in me via a series of subtle (I hope) glances and nods.

I went to the back door, ostensibly for some fresh air, hoping that BGF would follow... and she did. Within seconds, I had leaned in and we were kissing.

It felt like only a matter of seconds had passed (but G told me the next day it was like ten minutes) that G had decided that BG herself was unavailable and made his excuses and this was around 4 AM. He said he couldn't have been no more than 20 meters down the street when BG lost her temper, and loudly.

BGF looked resigned. I think this might have been a regular occurrence with Bar Girl.

"I'll show you out, " she apologised, "I need to sort her out. She's drunk."

At the front door, I tried again to get BGF to come back to mine with the promise of more beer, but she while she appeared to want to, she needed to attend to her friend. She leaned in again for a kiss. She was a good kisser. I lost track of time again. I always do when kissing cute women. It seemed like thirty seconds again, but it was probably five minutes. BG kicked off again from indoors. BGF broke the kiss and went inside. The door closed.

Early-ish the next morning (after all, it was after 4AM when I got home), G called. I barely had time to say hello before...

"Did you get her number?"

Fuck. Not had we kissed, or had sex. No, the simplest of things. Did I get her number?

G and I went out for hair of the dog at lunchtime. Neither of us needed it per se, it was an excuse for G to laugh/berate me.

He had a point. I'm still useless at getting contact details as the RB incident showed.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...