Sunday, November 12, 2017

False dawns.

Four months, practically to the day. That's how long my shoulder has been painful. I've yet to make a return appointment to see my GP - like everything these days, it gets forgotten about during the day when I'm at work (and my shoulder doesn't really bother me then). By the time I remember, every other day or so, it's too late in the evening to call.

Finally, though, I think there are definite signs that it could be pretty much mended. There are still minor twinges, especially when my shoulder gets jolted - sudden braking on the bus, for example - but other than that movement seems fine. It definitely seems to be a joint rather than muscle problem.

I'm still planning on attempting the double whammy of Freeletics and DDP Yoga. DDP for a few weeks to get properly stretched out and ease into exercise again, then add the more strenuous Freeletics bodyweight exercises when I'm comfortable that my shoulder isn't going to relapse. I've had false dawns within the last four months as it is. If I can get a couple of DDP sessions under my belt without incident, then I'll be much happier.

And to add to that, dietary tweaks. Reduce (or cut out) as much bread and crisps as possible (crisps are my real vice) and reduce portion sizes. I am notoriously greedy with food.

Regular readers won't find this surprising at all - I've probably posted about this a few times now. The details haven't really changed. I did do DDP yoga about three years ago with the dietary tweaks mentioned above and lost 10lbs in as many weeks. While it was disappointing that no-one else said owt, at least one of my co-workers noticed an improvement and did ask about it.

1 comment:

USHW said...

"Regular readers won't find this surprising at all - I've probably posted about this a few times now."

LOL, only a few? ;)

Seriously, good on ya for giving it another go. I hope your plans stay on track this time round, and you get what you want from it.

Go you! You can do it :)

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...