Sunday, November 19, 2017

Never again.

KfW2 asked me to babysit. She'd already approached CC, who'd said yes. I presume that CC had asked that someone else was drafted in as she didn't want to do it on her own.

However, when I first said that I'd help out, I'd completely forgotten about the night out with CH, GM etc. I updated KfW2 and told her that I'd still turn up, but only to regard me as a backup at best, in case I was massively hungover.

Come the next morning, I wasn't as bad as I'd thought, but I wasn't operating at 100% either. KfW2 was, as usual, late out of the house, looking stunning. This time, though, the tardiness was working in my favour. The later KfW2 left, the less time I had to do actual babysitting.

I spent the first 45 minutes on my own - CC had been "stolen" for transport duties. Saying that, it was only about 10 minutes to where KfW2 was dining and drinking, so 45 minutes was suspicious. But, I kept the kids in check.

Once CC arrived back in, then the "trouble" started. The kids' choice of TV wasn't suitable. CC wanted to watch something else. In the next half an hour, CC made several demands that I call KfW2 to gain some unimportant, trivial information, which I refused. We served up dinner, but the kids weren't eating fast enough, so she ended up spoon feeding the two youngest. Then, when CC couldn't get the TV to work, she demanded that I call KfW2 to find out how it worked. She ignored me when I told her what was wrong.

And rather than just using the DVD player or KfW2's Netflix account, she called KfW2 to ask her how to use the TV. The thought that KfW2 might not want to be bothered, and to have a couple of hours with her friend never crossed CC's mind.

During the next ninety minutes, CC "demanded" several times that I call KfW2 or her husband rather than do it herself. For the few hours that we were left to do the babysitting, CC tried to get away with doing anything at any opportunity, despite being the one that KfW2 reached out to.

I've spoken about CC's princess personality before, but it was frustrating to see that CC seemed to be using my presence to get out of doing the thing she said she'd do.

I'll not be keeping CC company again, if KfW2 calls in a favour.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...