Monday, November 20, 2017

Ho hum.

It was supposedly a reunion night out - people who haven't seen each other in a while had a chance to catch up. Specifically, I think the night was arranged for GB, CH and KfW2. The rest of us see each other at least once per month.

However, KfW2 couldn't make it due to baby-sitting reasons. S didn't show up as he had another event the night after and is pretty incapable of heavy drinking two nights in a row due to his hangovers. CH appeared for a grand total of ninety minutes.

I got to chat to her for a short time, which was nice, but it wasn't the same. Are we still treading carefully around each other because of our falling out, or has the dynamic simply changed?

I understand her reasons for only being out for a short time, and in the past she woulda used this as an excuse not to come out at all. But part of me wonders why she didn't speak up so that we could have arranged a date mutually suitable to everyone.

Still, for a reunion night out, it didn't live up to expectations. As an ordinary night out with that group, it was decent enough.

I got talking to GM, though. It's the first time I've seen him without Sports Girl since... probably the night he went speed dating. We got talking about SG and he admitted that she spends lots of time in his company. He reckoned they spent time together at least six days a week... and SG wants more.

I think GM is also contemplating asking SG to move in with him as well, but is a little reluctant given their recent temporary split. I don't know a lot about SG's past relationships, but it seems to me that she's very full-on. Can that be maintained by either party on a long term basis? I think that's a concern of GM's.

He's not against the amount of time he spends with SG, but is well aware that he needs his own space too.

SG wanted to come to the reunion even though she has nothing to do with the reason why we all know each other. I was really expecting her to turn up.

It'll be interesting to keep an eye on that.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...