Saturday, November 04, 2017

Changes.

So, the planned day out with KfW2 quickly fell apart. She was called into work unexpectedly as I was on my way to hers. She didn't know how long she was going to be tied up with work, so we didn't immediately change our plans.

I arrived at lunchtime and proceeded to entertain the kids. Every now and again, KfW2 would call me for some advice or technical knowledge.

During some downtime, KfW2 then dropped another bombshell. Mr KfW2 wasn't going to his friend's house after all... apparently there were crossed wires and that both he and his friend were coming to KfW2's place instead.

It was tea-time when KfW2 put away her laptop.

I did admit that I wasn't staying late. Part of the reason that KfW2 had to spend the afternoon working rather than spend time with her kids was a deadline that required KfW2 to be in a meeting in the middle of the night. When we originally made the plans, her presence in this meeting wasn't required. I wasn't going to hang around when KfW2 needed to be tucked up in bed. I did think it was pretty selfish or at best short-sighted that Mr KfW2 didn't change his plans to leave KfW2 in peace, especially after a long, stressful day.

KfW2 owes me big time. I don't see it being that big a deal, but when she hugged me as I left last night, those were the words she used, and she was very earnest about it.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...