Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Hmmm...

Yeah, I'm in a bit of a funk. I can't really figure out why though. Part of it could be to do with KfW2. For a while now, I've been trying to get her out, socially. Just me and her. We're long overdue just a night out with us. The last time she was out, socially, with me and a group was my birthday in the summer. The last time it was just the two of us was her birthday night out in March.

She's claiming that she doesn't drink alcohol any more. I get it. She's going through a phase where alcohol gives her massive, crippling hangovers. I'm not asking her to come out and throw shots down our necks on a 12 hour binge session. I'm asking for a quiet night, sitting in our favourite pub, chatting and people watching. But her time is limited and I understand that. I also know she has a few glasses of wine at home.

However, today, she reeled off a list of upcoming events, at least half of which were her heading out with friends, this side of Xmas.

And before that, she'd asked me a favour - to accompany CC when she's baby-sitting on Saturday. That's secret CC code for "Ruuude does all the work while I watch the TV with a cup of tea". I don't mind looking after KfW2's kids, it was only recently that I've done it, but I've got my own night out on Friday that will hopefully include CH. I'm not going to be in peak baby-sitting condition on Saturday afternoon.

So, yeah, that's disappointed me.

But I don't think it's just that. I'm also run down with work. I need a few days off, but can't afford to take the time right now due to workload, but I do have the days to take.

KfW2 claims she owes me "big time", but I shouldn't have to call in a favour to get some social time with a friend.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...