Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Looking forward (Part 4)

I was in the middle of a convo with USHW tonight when I got a message on Facebook from CH to KfW2 and me. I'm paraphrasing, but it essentially said:

"I'm in tremendous pain, I could barely move today, can we completely change the plans we had for this week to be a lunch thing instead of going to the pub at night?"

I pretty much, in a polite way, told her not to bother - if she was that bad, that she could come out another time. I mean that, but fuck it, I'm not arranging it. I'm also tentatively meeting QC1 for lunch that day.

She cancelled a night in October that I had suggested, then it was her idea to meet this week. That initially didn't work out for her (not for KfW2 or me), so we changed it to Friday of last week. Then that didn't suit her either, so we moved it to Thursday of this week. Which she's now crying off from.

That's four times she's changed/cancelled or cried off something.

I'm angry and frustrated. Anger's not going to accomplish anything, so when I do inevitably have a chat with her about this, I shall have to play up to the frustration angle.

There's a core of a good friendship there. She's already told me as much herself - about how much she values my input, advice and point of view. I know that she's been very impressed about the fact that when I offer up a counter-argument to hers that I can reason with her rather than simply adopt an opposing point of view.

Thinking about it, though, it's not reciprocated. Any time I try to have a serious conversation with her on my terms, she seems to back off. Admittedly, these are mostly over IM or text message as we don't get any time together, alone.

But recently she has been talking about taking her career in a new direction which is, more than likely, going to mean a change in employer. Following this to its logical conclusion, that means we won't see each other any more and she's already proved that we can't talk over text messages. God forbid that I might actually phone her. Single men and married women simply do not do that kind of thing - though she doesn't bat an eyelid at me and KfW2.

I still have to hear from KfW2 about whether the night will go ahead. I'm 99% sure that it will... but I'll be on tender-hooks until I get that message.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...