Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Ho hum(bug).

I thought that I had successfully talked S into going along with my New Year's Eve plans, which would have meant going to one of my favourite bars. It's pretty much a nailed on affair - guaranteed crowds (though not too busy), plenty of atmosphere and it's just got a good vibe. Over the past few years when I've been there, there's always been a good mix of people and some really good looking women. It's the bar where I've seen CB, amongst others.

Last night, S then dropped the bombshell that since our last night out, he's been pestering his mates to forgo their house party plans and go out with him... to the bar where we were last year. It's a nice bar, but last year it was half-empty and pretty soulless.

Attempts to talk him round have proved futile. I've mentioned before his devotion to his core set of mates, which is admirable in some ways and frustrating in others. I did admit to him that I was pretty pissed off that he'd essentially agreed to my plans last week, but had done a complete about-turn and not even told me.

Now, my promising looking NYE is at risk. I could still turn up to the bar I want - at the moment one of KfW2's friends will be there, but I'll still be on my own (I know her well enough to stop in for a drink, but not well enough to sit with her all night). If I can maybe talk GM into it, that's definitely an option, but he was meant to be out last night and was strangely absent and quiet. Usually if he's not coming out, he usually states upfront what his plans are.

As if I wasn't in a funk enough this morning, while killing time at work on Facebook, a throwaway text message from M about a mutual friend of ours brought CB to mind again and a quick search later... *sigh*

I have a night out with BR and his wife. E3 might be there, but she hasn't confirmed as yet. At the moment, I'm not feeling it. I already feel partied out and could do with a complete rest from food and booze. I've also got a lunch date with KfW2 a few days after Christmas that I am looking forward to.

As always, it's the NYE stuff that's the main cloud... and being reminded of CB hasn't helped with the usual funk either. On the plus side I'm looking forward to seeing my nieces' and nephews' tomorrow morning after Santa has been.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...