Saturday, December 20, 2014

In the cold light of day...

I was wary about this year's Christmas event due to getting far too drunk last year and making comments to KfW2 that I really shouldn't have about her appearance. They weren't all negative, but they shouldn't have been said.

When the guys suggested that, once again, we start in a nearby bar early, I was apprehensive. I shouldn't have worried though. We might have started early, but we were sensible in our intake. By the time it came to join the rest of our colleagues, we were tipsy but nowhere near as drunk as the same stage last year.

In fact, I'd had a lot of comments all night from people who told me that I didn't seem to be that drunk, including KfW2 and CH. It was a weird night with CH, though. Even from within the hotel, she'd tried calling me before the meal and afterwards for reasons unknown. When we did manage to find each other, we didn't get a chance to sit and chat. Every time we did bump into each other, someone else would interrupt and take one of us away. After having yet another coffee cancelled last week, I very much wanted to sit down and talk to her about her reliability as mentioned a few weeks ago, but the chance never arose. More on that later, though.

People might not have thought I was drunk, but I was in a great mood that was partly fuelled by alcohol. It was the type of mood I often post about on here where the shyness etc. never comes into play. People who don't know me that well would see any of the following as being out of character, but I had:
  • Been very chatty to some cute women I've never spoken to before
  • Gotten one of them on the dance floor for a laugh
  • Kissed JB (not anything untoward, but simply a big smack on the lips with comedy 'MWAH') as I walked past her
  • Engaged in banter with our managing director
I'm also pretty sure one of CH's male friends was making moves on her at the end of the night. His actions really reminded me of the night that E3 came on to me. She seemed totally unfazed about it though (or didn't notice), so I have no plans to follow up on this.

On the bus on the way home, one of GM's (stunning) exes was chatting away to me. She offered her lap as a seat, but I declined, explaining jokingly that I was a big lad and would break her legs. I told Stalky Guy about this yesterday and you could almost feel the jealousy seeping through the Whatsapp messages.

I sent CH a text message... a cryptic "We need to talk". When I awoke the next morning, there were a couple of messages from her. "Why?" "What's up?" "Are you OK?"

While not hungover, I needed to gather my thoughts. My head's often fuzzy after a night's drinking even if I don't get hangovers in the traditional sense. Instead I called KfW2 and we talked about the night out. She'd enjoyed herself and reiterated my so-called good behaviour. KfW2 laughed when I told her what I'd actually done. During the phone call, CH sent yet another message telling me that I was acting weird. After the phone call from KfW2 ended, I tried to call CH but I was directed to voice mail so I sent a text message instead, explaining everything. Or at least enough to start a conversation.

That was at 4 PM yesterday and I'm still to receive a reply from CH. As USHW said to me, it's now out there and we can address it or not. If our friendship means as much to CH as she recently, drunkenly, confessed, then she'll deal with it. If not...

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...