Monday, January 06, 2014

Two...

A somewhat impromptu night out with S over the weekend turned out to be one of those unplanned nights that's brilliant fun. After S came to mine for a few drinks, we headed out to one of the new bars in the city.

I bumped into a few friends of FP's, lads I've met before and who are great fun and we got talking to a group of women. However, S's banter is poor - he only has one topic to talk about, and that's films. Everything eventually comes down to films when you have a conversation with S and even his chat up lines are borrowed from the big screen. I was scrambling like mad to keep everyone talking because it was clear the women didn't share S's taste in films, but sometimes S makes life tough.

S was also puzzled by two of the girls in the group - he was convinced he knew them from somewhere, but despite thinking about it all night, he never managed to put his finger on it. I could have told him, though. Two out of the three women had profiles on Plenty of Fish - at least, they had a few years ago when I dipped my toe into the online dating world originally.

With all of the above clicking into place, the mini pub crawl that we had planned kind of fell by the wayside - the bar was excellent, the music was good and any time you strike up some rapport with strangers and end up having a laugh is always a good thing.

I did make a somewhat half-assed attempt to chat up one of the girls, but not because I really wanted to, more that she was, IMO, the cutest one of the three and I thought she might have been a little bit interested.

It turns out that she wasn't, but I ended up having a great night nonetheless.


No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...