Thursday, January 23, 2014

Curiouser and curiouser.

There have always been rumours floating around that Match aren't entirely kosher and they have many, many fake profiles used for artificially inflating activity levels etc. to make the site more attractive (and to lure people into paying) and to be honest, while there are aspects of Match.com that I don't like (paying customers cannot see who's subscribed and who hasn't, would be my main complaint).

So, see below for the overviews of four profiles that have viewed me over the past 24 hours.



Do you notice something about them? The thing is, when you go into the profiles themselves, they're about 99% identical and none of them have any descriptive blurb attached to them. When I went back in my "Viewed Me" history to see where "Anna" and "Julia" had gone to, imagine my surprise when they're no longer listed and if I hadn't screenshotted that last night, there'd be no evidence. I wonder if I log in tomorrow, will "Anita" and "Sara" have disappeared too? That's four "views" on my profile that look as if they've come from dodgy profiles. Who knows how many others there are?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...