Monday, January 27, 2014

This is how you do it.

Time taken for GB to talk to MFF about CB after volunteering: two and a half months.
Time taken for KfW2 to talk to GB about CB after volunteering: one and a half days

Sadly, though unsurprisingly, there were no real advancements. KfW2 simply reiterated the stuff that I (finally) managed to get out of GB last year - MFF spoke to CB's sister and, well, that's it.

GB did offer up the opinion that she believes that CB's sister never had the conversation at all, but that's hearsay. She also made a snide remark about me getting KfW2 to do my dirty work for me. The "snide" bit is simply interpretation on my part. The last comment was told through KfW2, who explained to GB that this was her idea, but 'confessed' that I'd spotted CB on Match and was reluctant to make contact without more information. Oh, and I say 'confessed' because no-one really knows that I am doing online dating beyond KfW2 and USHW. I'm not keeping it secret as such, but I'm not telling everyone about it either. The result of KfW2 and GB's chat was advice to message CB, which I will take, even though I think it's a very outside bet. At this stage though, I'm probably willing to settle for her viewing my profile... that, at least, would indicate that she's read the message and is not interested enough to reply.

Dear GB: this is what friends do. Try it more often. Regards, ruuude.

Anyway, I haven't been that pro-active on Match.com since I activated my subscription, so tonight I will have a good look about the site and see who to message (on top of CB, that is).

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...