Monday, January 06, 2014

Reasons to be cheerful. One...

The optimism of the new year hasn't diminished any and after a quite frank conversation with USHW a few nights ago, I had a lot of confidence heading into the weekend's lunch "date" with KfW2.

A side-note is that I shouldn't require confidence in talking to KfW2 - she's someone whose friendship I hold  extremely dear, who is arguably one of the closest friends I've ever had and while I feel that I can talk to her about anything, I rarely get the chance to do so, because I don't like opening up during work hours and I can't control a conversation the way I would like.

Regardless, the time spent with KfW2 over the weekend was very positive. I told her that I'd do the online dating thing again and that she could write my profile and we progressed on to semi-related topics such as her attempts to "sell" me to people she knew, all of which were, by her own admission, half-hearted. That's not a bad thing as the reasons she gave for not going all in were personality-based. That's to say the people she was selling me to, she wasn't entirely sure of herself. One girl, for example, was divorced, but had had an affair while married. This, according to KfW2, breeds trust issues. Another girl was someone that KfW2 can't say she likes after two years of knowing the girl - one time she'll be out and KfW2 won't like her, the next time and KfW2 will think she's brilliant. The final girl is a definite friend of KfW2's, but this girl doesn't know what she wants, so one day she'll love attention from a man, but the next be claustrophobic. KfW2 doesn't want me getting involved here, getting to like this girl, then getting hurt.

In all three cases, none of this is an issue to me, mainly because there's no physical attraction based on the photos I've seen/people I've met.

KfW2 also, completely out of the blue, brought up the subject of CB, mainly while teasing me about being useless with women. I took the opportunity to get all the stuff off my chest about my disappointment in GB and how much I was still kicking myself about not speaking to CB at the time. I also admitted that I was concerned about GB's lack of urgency along with KfW2 and CH's seeming lack of interest, despite my obvious enthusiasm about CB. Neither CH, GB nor KfW2 had ever seen me excited by a girl before, so their apparent indifference was a cause of great concern/disappointment to me.

KfW2 said that she didn't know why there was no follow up from herself or CH or why there was no action from GB. I reiterated that I had been slightly paranoid by the whole thing, and said that I had assumed they all knew something that I didn't.

I don't know if that conversation will re-open any avenues towards CB, I doubt it as I don't think I managed to explain HOW pissed off/paranoid/disappointed I was with all involved nor did I directly ask, but I know that I feel better for actually having the conversation with KfW2.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...