Saturday, January 25, 2014

And it's done...

I was talking to KfW2 yesterday and today about my online dating exploits this week (or lack of activity). I explained about seeing both Date No. 1 and CB's profiles and she was, naturally, quite excited. She asked if I was going to send a message to CB. I explained that, as she hadn't logged onto the site in months, I didn't know if it was really worth my bother and, I added, I didn't know how far things had gone with GB and MFF, so didn't want to appear to be a man who couldn't take "no" for an answer.

KfW2 offered to talk to GB for me. I was hesitant. I don't want to be seen to be focussing on one person all the time, even if this blog suggests otherwise, but at the same time, she's someone I am attracted to and if there are options open to me, why not take them?

I said that I'd think it over and get back to her, but pretty much as soon as we'd finished our phone call and I'd hung up, I sent a text. Go for it, I told her. It could well be that options open up for me off Match.com, but if not and she is still single and looking, I'll fire her a message.

But for now, I'm already oscillating between optimism, some embarrassment and a healthy dose of "ohfuckohfuckohfuck".

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...