Sunday, February 10, 2013

Role reversal.

I don't think I've made any comments here about a specific aspect of the CB journey thus far, mainly what I perceive (sometimes) to be... I don't know if I have the words. I was originally going to say a "lack of effort" but I am not sure that's exactly I'm thinking of though - apathy maybe? I've mentioned it to USHW the odd time, but I'm not sure I'm making myself clear.

I asked GB about whether or not she had spoken to my mutual Facebook friend regarding any movement on the CB thing. It's been over two weeks since Mutual Facebook Friend said that she would make her own enquiries, it's been four weeks since GB first volunteered to go off and do some fact finding for me.

The answer to my question to GB was that she hadn't, nor had she heard from MFF. That's the second time I've felt that I had to remind GB about CB. Personally, I think this is weird - GB volunteered to get the info and seemed excited to get involved. I could have spoken to MFF myself, even though I don't know her that well, and probably had some resolution by now, but I don't want to suddenly start talking to MFF and cut GB out of the loop at this stage.

I'm not complaining about the time this is taking per se, but it's more that I don't understand why GB isn't being more pro-active for someone who was so excited that I saw CB on Facebook in the first place. The same kinda applies to CH - she's definitely someone who was interested in the CB situation (and given pre-Xmas convos, she is interested in me finding a girl in general, so why the lack of interest when there is someone I'm interested in)

Neither of these people have been that pro-active in helping things along, even though both of them are direct friends with MFF and supposedly care that I find someone. If the situation had been reversed, I believe that I would have been a lot more pro-active in getting information from whatever source needs to be contacted, and I might even go as a far as saying that matters would be resolved by now - there would be an introduction of the two people or the object of affection would decided that it wasn't to be.

I'm sure I can explain this all better, but I am physically exhausted and just about keeping my eyes open. I might comer back and re-word it appropriately, but it's getting posted for now.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...