Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Time to look forward again.

I didn't get to meet up with MM and her stunning blonde friend, SBF (she's also an ex-colleague of mine), on Friday before GB's party. I did try, but the timing of it wasn't helpful. MM was meeting the blonde girl in a restaurant  around the same time as I was planning on going to GB's.

MM suggested I turn up later to GB's and go and join her and the blonde girl for a drink, but I was hoping that I could talk to MFF about CB. I was expecting MFF to turn up early and leave early (possibly with CH as she was doing the same and they live in the same direction). Bearing in mind that, while ordinarily, I would have gone to GB's an hour later to meet SBF, I really had the CB thing on my mind. Plus, I don't like tagging along and I felt I might have been imposing on MM and the blonde girl.

Plus, MM would have wanted to know about the plastic date that I'd been on the night before with her friend (I was doing a favour for MM) and I'd already been quizzed on it by KfW2, GB and CH, all independently the morning after. I didn't have a lot to say to them - it was a really spectacular non-event. The conversation flowed well enough (something that always concerns me when meeting strangers as I don't think my small talk skills are that good) and the three hours went quickly enough, but there was no attraction, no spark and no real desire to see her ever again, even socially.

I think the girls all thought I was hiding something, but there really was nothing newsworthy to report. I don't know if that means the night was disappointing given that everything turned out the way I expected (and wanted) it to, but I know that GB's declaration ealier this week that MFF had heard nothing from CB's sister and MFF's subsequent non-appearance at GB's was disappointing, so I am putting that down to a generally disappointing few days. I guess, unless something really happens out of the blue, that the CB thing is dead in the water as well as I simply don't have the energy to go back chasing GB for any further information (plus there's the creep factor to consider). So, while the date panned out as expected, it's the CB stuff that I'm really gutted about.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...