Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blast from the past.

I had a conversation recently with a friend about the perfect hotel for the archetypal "dirty weekend" - where you could check in and not see daylight for three days. Somehow, this reminded me of a hotel I once stayed in in London when I was meeting people from my online hobby back then.

I remember checking into the hotel and finding my room, which was HUGE! Two double beds, massive amounts of space and a massive bathroom, spotlessly clean and new.  I think that was back when I first considered sleeping with K (what a mistake that turned out to be) and nearly, I think (alcohol induced memory loss), ended up sleeping with someone else.

When we had a return trip a year or so later, I thought that I'd booked into the same place, only to find that I had stupidly booked into this tiny hotel next door that wasn't really up to scratch. Off the back of the recent conversation, I found the original hotel on the internet and it appears that I must have gotten the only decent room in the entire hotel - reviews and photos suggest that it's grubby, poorly maintained and small.

Ah well.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...