Monday, August 17, 2026

FFS.

I took a few hours off work earlier to do some family stuff, with my sister. It was a meeting that we'd requested and it had already been cancelled. 

After an hour, my sister and I prepared to leave. before we left the building, I called the person we were meant to meet. She didn't answer. A co-worker picked up.

We swapped formalities. I stated that I was not happy that I've taken time off work, for that to be wasted, and for a meeting that had already been postponed at the last moment.

She apologised and said her boss would be in touch. 

A few hours later, her boss was in touch.

I re-iterated my points from earlier. 

"It says here that a message was left on Friday." 

"Not to my phone. It's on me pretty much all the time. It could have gone to my sister, though she would have checked her phone even if she didn't pick up the call. Do you know what number was used?" 

"I don't, but I can ask my boss to call you when she's next free? That might be a day or so, though."

"Yes, please." 

I gave my sister this information.

"No-one left me a message."

"Well, someone might phone me back and we'll find out what number they used.

A few hours later, my sister calls me.

"That thing we wanted to happen? Well, it's going to happen."

That's good news, but there's also context.

Something changed mid-May, and as a direct result of that, there was a medical issue. And now, three months later, the thing that had changed is now being put back in place. So we're back where we started, except the medical thing has happened and is having a daily impact. And to say that I am furious is an understatement. 

I know this is vague and might not make sense,  but I wanted to get it out there, to vent a little.

No comments:

FFS.

I took a few hours off work earlier to do some family stuff, with my sister. It was a meeting that we'd requested and it had already bee...