Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Bah!

Over the years, the amount of personal post that I can remember receiving has been practically zero. I can't speak for anyone else, but the smallest things can bring a smile to my face and make my day. I recall a postcard from Foreign Girl that made me grin. It didn't say an awful lot, but the fact she'd taken the time to buy a card, a stamp write a brief note and post it meant a lot to me.

Over recent years, I've not posted too many things. I can recall only a few birthday cards for KfW2, and she always seems really appreciative. Back in the day, I swapped letters with R2, sent little things to AM and QC2 etc. and I did it quite frequently.

So when a handwritten, posted note came through my letterbox this afternoon, I was delighted. And intrigued. Who was going to send me a handwritten letter? It's not my birthday or any kind of event.

Sadly, when I opened the letter, it wasn't Morena Baccarin declaring her undying love but someone unknown to me, wanting to tell me how great the Christian Bible is. Sigh.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...