Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Bank on it.

Semi-randomly, while out and about at lunchtime (I was in the office today for the first time in months), I had a flashback to a night out.

I was out and about, this would have been many years ago. I genuinely couldn't tell you when. But the bar was mostly empty. It might have been Christmas, it might have been the summer. Actually, I think it was summer.

What I do remember is that there was a cute brunette in the bar. We kinda knew each other or, more accurately, our paths crossed regularly. She worked at the branch of the bank where I had my account. I was in reasonably frequently, so we often spoke. I never knew her name, though she knew mine.

Anyway... she'd clearly been out since work. She was still in her bank uniform and she was very tipsy. She approached me as I was at the bar and we spoke. She was clearly flirting with me and, long story short, we ended up kissing.

As per usual, I never got her phone number, because I was so pleased with myself for making out with a really cute brunette. Yeah. That's me.

There are real parallels with the night I met RB - a summer evening, she was straight out of work, she made the first move, and we ended up kissing. I didn't get a phone number immediately because I was too pleased about seeing the signals and acting on them.

I don't recall that I made any effort to make contact again. No doubt I was the branch again, but I don't recall if she ever served me again.

It was because I was due to visit the same branch today and found that it was closed, and yet the first thought that crossed my mind was of the un-named brunette woman.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...