Sunday, January 26, 2020

Why is everything crap?

Maybe not the world's most serious complaint and a very definite dose of First World Problems, but I've been looking at replacing some stuff that I have in the house. I have an electric razor that's on its last legs, and I've been looking around for a replacement. If I remember correctly, my sister bought me the last one as a "going away" present when I went abroad after university and it cost about £50 at the time.

To find one that does the same has been problematic... not all razors have the same features as my current once and to get those, I would need to pay nearly £90. Nearly double the price, well over fifteen years later. Surely that's not right?

It's a similar story with my TV. I bought my current TV when I moved in with UF and I might have to replace it soon. TV technology has improved since then, so things like screen size, picture quality etc. are all going to be better, but can I find a television that has the same number of connections for HDMI outputs and all that stuff? No, I can't, dear reader. FFS.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...