Sunday, January 05, 2020

Looking forward.

There will be change this year, guaranteed.

First of all, professionally, things will change. The team I am currently working in is in a state of flux. If I do nothing, I will probably end up working with the same people at the end of the year, albeit using completely new tools and on different things. If I am pro-active, then this will mean a move to a new team or even department. The way things currently are, I'd prefer to have a new start. I want away from Brusque Guy and Stalky Guy as I am being held back by being in their shadow. I mean, I shouldn't be in their shadow - I'm better than they are in lots of things, I just can't turn that into recognition from managers.

There's also an outside chance that I may even move company. A friend and ex-colleague of mine has hinted that there may be openings in the place he now works. If I can get an interview, and get through it (this scares me an awful lot), then that could mean a quite substantial pay rise. While it's not like I'm poorly paid now, nor am I skint come month-end (though there's not a lot left over for luxuries), the pay rise implied would open up lots of things (e.g. travel and house stuff) and probably need a brand new "goals" post to document everything I want to do.

There's also the usual ambitions to lose weight, get fitter and meet new people, but those are minor compared to the professional changes and what that may bring.

And so, I'd like to wish you all a belated Happy New Year. I hope that 2020 beings you good health and fortune.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...