Sunday, January 26, 2020

Culmination.

It's the moment of truth this week - my performance review for last year. I'm expecting top marks and a promotion. I think my performances over the past few years have warranted a promotion, but sadly our performance system is not a meritocracy... it's built on personality and favouritism.

According to my boss, in teams where there are lots of high performers, he likes to share out the rewards. Stalky Guy and Brusque Guy have both been the recipient of the rewards over the past few years. This year should be my year.

Regardless of it being my "turn", I actually have done excellently last year.

I'm not interested in the promotion though. It's just a means to getting a semi-decent pay-rise, and that's all I really want. Stalky Guy and Brusque Guy earn significantly more than I do, and I want pay parity for doing the same job to the same standards.

I'll not get pay parity - work is not in the habit of simply giving out 20% pay rises - but I would like that gap to close.

The thing is, I have a gut feeling that I wont get the marks I am anticipating. KfW2 has already said that if I don't, she'll help me with my HR appeal. I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll be having a private chat later this week.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...