Thursday, January 09, 2020

Dreams

KfW2 emigrated to NZ. That was the basis of last night's dream. It wasn't current KfW2 though, but KfW2 from several years ago, when she had her hair cut short. There was no husband, no family, just KfW2. There was also some weird geographical issue. Even though KfW2 was living and working  in NZ, she still managed to come home at weekends and we'd chat and I'd bemoan her absence. She explained that she needed a new challenge, I explained that I understood, but that didn't mean I didn't miss her while she was gone. The entire dream was based around these chats and followed that rough format.

This is actually reflective of stuff that's been on my mind recently. I've been acutely aware that KfW2 and I are growing apart - we're spending even less time together than we used to and any time we do we're either in work, or I'm doing her a favour (i.e. babysitting). It's kinda funny because I remember the last time we had an adult night out together (nearly three years ago) and KfW2 drunkenly, but sombrely and sincerely, made me promise that if I ever met someone that our friendship wouldn't change.

Ironically, it's the changes in her life that are moving us apart.

I've also been thinking about new jobs and travel as well, trying to see what this year might hold.

Waking from the dream this morning wasn't great. January blues are bad enough without having a dream like that and waking to feel that lonely and upset.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...