Friday, March 22, 2019

Urgh.

The feedback from HR has knocked me for six. It shouldn't have. It's exactly the feedback I would have expected. I've long had the fear that, by being self-taught, my ability to communicate technically in interviews would be limited and that seems to be the issue here.

I've said it to KfW2 and CC before but they have pooh-poohed that suggestion.

It seems to be something that's been common recently where I express something - a fear, a suggestion etc only to be told "oh no, you'll be fine".

I'm not one for going for the sympathy vote by crying "woe is me". If I say that I have concerns about something, I really mean it. If I am confident about something, I'll say that.

It's a little sad that CC and KfW2 haven't recognised or remembered that.

So, if I am going to put myself forward for similar interviews in the future, I need to brush up on my classroom definitions of things. Which means time spent after work reading up on work-related stuff. Sigh.

It's difficult enough at the moment - I'm mentally fatigued with work as it stands, but needs must.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...