Monday, March 11, 2019

Back in the saddle (Part 2).

After last week's interview disaster, what I needed was another opportunity to do an interview. That quick arrived (see my last post) in the form of an assessment for a role I was quite interested in.

It was less interview-y and more chatty and hands-on, so I didn't think that there'd be a repeat performance of what happened last week.

And I was right. Despite having the whole weekend to ponder the assessment and sitting in the office all morning twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the start time to come round, I was only mildly apprehensive.

Part of that was having two work friends talk me through some aspects of the actual job and giving me good advice and feedback. I was also prepared by having done some online training and having at least a high level knowledge of the expectations.

And the ninety minutes went really quickly, even though we faced technical issues at the start, had to find a new room to do the exercise and several video conferencing calls interrupted us during the actual evaluation.

I should find out by the end of this week or early next week if I have been successful. I can't predict this as I have no yardstick for this kind of thing, but I feel that it wasn't a disaster. My problem solving could have been better but I thought my communication was OK. Overall, I think it was all right. However, for all I know, it could have been brilliant.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...