Sunday, March 03, 2019

Eeeeek.

The upcoming job interview is scaring me, even though I have resigned myself to not getting the job. I believe that the technical questions will throw me, but as I've never done a technical interview before, I have no idea what to expect.

I've spent the past few hours brushing up on the basics - put together a sheet of buzzwords and phrases and their definitions. I can talk about lots of things around my job, in a high-level way, but get down into the nitty-gritty detail and I'm lost.

As I said in a previous post, being self-taught, I know that I need to do various things to get them to work rather than understand why I need to do them, and that's where I think I'll fail. Which is weird because I'm expecting the detail of the interview to focus on a small part of what my job actually is.

I'm more concerned that I will be more embarrassed by being totally clueless about the detail/classroom definitions of things than about not actually getting the job. I'm also concerned that I'm wasting my time - that I'm preparing for the wrong thing.

As I previously posted, while I don't like this uncertainty, it will give me something to aim for in other interviews.

Maybe I need to consider something new, something that requires cross-training so that an interview will be about me and how I do things rather than my detailed knowledge of a specific topic.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...