Saturday, August 07, 2021

Just pondering stuff.

On of the questions on Reddit today was "What 'rules' of dating do you absolutely hate?", and the top answer seemed to be that, as a male, the expectation was that we should take the initiative and pay for things.

I think I've been lucky on that second point, though to be honest, pretty much all of my first dates have been in the pub or coffee dates, so even when I have spent some money, it's not been an awful lot.

But the first does ring true. I think I've mentioned before that I've had these conversations before with KfW2 and QC2 (and possibly others), and they were both shocked that I might suggest they ask someone out. Now, KfW2 has been single a grand total of a few weeks in the entire time I've known her, so this was never actually a factor, but she did admit that she'd never asked anyone out ever.

And yet, both of them would claim to be feminists, and they would show that across all aspects of their lives... except dating.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...