Saturday, August 21, 2021

Hair today, gone tomorrow.

I gave myself as haircut this morning. It's really quite short and, if I am being honest, a little shorter than I'd planned. But, I like me with short hair. I used to wear it longer when I was younger, but after a bet with QC2 back in the day where I got it cut short for the first time, I've really liked how I look. It makes me feel confident, and that's saying something.

FA2 hated my short hair.

"It make you look like a criminal," she opined.

It didn't end in a fight... but we did disagree. She didn't go as far as asking me not to cut it short, but I knew she would have preferred it because she was very vocal about it each time I would get a haircut.

But, as I said, I like how it made me feel. I'm not often comfortable in my own skin, so small wins like this were never being given up.

It also reminds me of KfW2 getting her hair cut short, which I thought really suited her and I made sure to tell her. She really liked it, though her husband hated it apparently. So she never cut it that way again, until last year I think.

"You get your hair cut short again? I really like it like that. Suits you." I said.

She seemed pleased.

"Thanks! It was the hubby's idea."

I didn't question the husband's earlier point of view. I just admired how she looked.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...