Wednesday, July 24, 2019

At first sight

I've often posted about how I've struggled with online dating... how it's difficult to be attracted to a lot of women, that I don't form connections based on some text and a couple of photos. Even out and about, socially, it's rare that a woman will grab my attention.

Of course, there are exceptions. Offhand, I can think of at least five women where I've immediately wanted to get to know them better.

The one recognisable name is CB. As soon as I saw her profile on Match.com, I knew I wanted to meet her. She had a few cute photos and an interesting profile.

The others were people I saw in real life. And while the CB attraction was very much of the girlfriend type, the other four are 100% just sheer lust.

The earliest was a girl I met at a party who was probably about five years younger than I was. It turns out that we knew each other, but I hadn't seen her in ten years. I was in my mid-teens at the time we knew each other initially. I would have been early 20s, and she late teens when we re-connected. And the attraction was immediate and strong and I'm pretty certain not reciprocated. We ended up chatting all night long as I tried to gauge any interest levels, but they were non-existent. We parted company at the end of the night, never to meet again.

The next was in 2006. In fact, I blogged about it at the time. Here's the post.

The next two are weird. They're both barmaids in one of my favourite pubs in the city and they look alike - so much so, I actually thought they were sisters. I may have posted about the younger of the two before - we've actually had a bit of fun at a friend's expense. I still see them both - they still take occasional shifts in the pub and they recognise me as being a semi-regular, but neither of them know my name and we've only ever had very short chats.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...