Monday, July 01, 2019

Sigh, once again.

"How many?"

"Loads. Cashed 'em in for Amazon vouchers"

KfW2 was incredulous. It was another talk about the reward point scheme we have in work. Ever since KfW2 found out how I'd been doing, she'd been constantly asking for updates.

"What are you doing?"

"The usual... just being generally helpful if I think someone needs it. Sharing info, writing training documentation, that kinda thing"

"Wow. And you got points for The Project from your boss?"

"Yeah, but that kinda means I'm not getting one of the big awards. I should be in for one of the big awards."

"You'd be lucky, I did all the work!" she laughed. "He didn't give me points for The Project"

It was one of those laughs where the other person is trying to make you believe that they're joking but they're not really. And listen, she did a lot of work on The Project, but she didn't do it all and not all of it was successful. We wasted an awful lot of time because she wanted to try things that were doomed to failure but, and this is crucial, she would not listen to the others. Part of it all goes back to the favouritism within the team and KfW2's refusal to relinquish ANY control of The Project. She wanted it to succeed with her name all over it. It has succeeded, eventually, but a year after she moved on and with significant input for at least two others, including me.

I smiled at her, but it was disheartening, because I do deserve a big award from my boss. It was also because it, along with the conversation we had just before, highlighted one of KfW2's character flaws. Maybe two. Jealousy and that she's never wrong. My boss doesn't have to nominate me for the big awards, pretty much anyone could do it... including KfW2... but you know she won't. The Project, in her head, is still hers a year later.

Still... if the work HR department pull their finger out, I will soon have a few more Amazon vouchers with which I can treat myself. I fancy a treat.


No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...