Tuesday, January 22, 2019

And away we go...

"You need to grow some balls" said KfW2.

Why the somewhat direct comment?

I'd said that I was unhappy in my current role.

It has gotten a lot worse recently. The two other guys in my team are getting very vocal in a bad attitude way. And they're wrong about what they're complaining about. My fuse is getting shorter and shorter.

Their negative attitude is getting out of hand but my boss isn't pulling them on this behaviour. And this is despite my boss criticising me in the middle of last year about my soft skills. So the vague claims of favouritism that I've been hinting at are still very much present.

KfW2 reckons I need to speak to a man who is, according to KfW2, writing a job spec with me in mind. I'm still not sure if I want the job (my gut says 'no'), but at this stage, I can't really afford not to go for it - it would be a promotion and a pay rise and a change of scenery - something I am not likely to get in my current position.

My anxiety means I'm unlikely to look externally (though I could easily get a 10% pay rise if I did so successfully), but I have been looking at internal moves though nothing has grabbed my attention over the past few months.

But I still feel that my time in my current role is rapidly drawing to a close.

Sometimes, while I love that KfW2 cares to give me the pep talks, I get angry because there's very much an "ex-smoker" attitude to her lectures. I've been unhappy for a couple of years (about three, I think). KfW2 was unhappy in her previous role for about eight years. She only went for the current role because CC talked her into it and, having failed the interview for another job, was presented an opportunity that she couldn't turn down. But to listen to her, you'd think she woke up one day, thought "I'm unhappy" and had the world's greatest job the next day.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...