Monday, May 07, 2018

Sigh.

Immediately after I sent KfW2 a text message this morning, she called me. The job that she'd been promised was posted last week... however, the job description doesn't guarantee the promotion that she's looking for. And remember, this is the job that's pretty much hers. There'll be no interview (ostensibly she did it a few weeks ago when she applied for another job but did enough to impress the interviewer who had another role coming up). I'd always thought that she wanted a new challenge, hence the job search, but it's not the case at all. It's the promotion and the subsequent pay rises that should accompany it that's important. If there's no guaranteed promotion, she won't apply for the job.

I'll admit, I'm slightly jealous. I can't say that I've never had a stroke of luck like that though. An old boss of mine pulled some strings years ago to get me into his team when he needed to replace someone. At the time, I was having issues with my current boss, so this worked out spectacularly well for all concerned... plus it directly led to me getting to know KfW2 better.

But I've been annoyed by KfW2's constant moaning about not hearing about the job. It's safe to say that pretty much every day for the past few weeks, she's mentioned the lack of advertisement. It was due to come out a few days after her interview feedback, but didn't. Even today - as soon as I sent a text, she called and immediately started complaining.

There are numerous reasons I don't want her to move on. I did feel bad for it initially, but that's lessened slightly now that I know it's almost purely about money rather than wanting or needing a new challenge.

I understand her impatience, but I disagree with her anger at the small things she has to deal with surrounding this potential new job and have told her so.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...