Saturday, May 05, 2018

Party Animal.

Surprisingly, I feel fine today. Why "surprisingly"? Well, I've now been out, in the pub, two nights in a row. And I wasn't sipping soda waters those nights either.

Thursday was a pub quiz with my sis, bro-in-law and Dad. Despite being planned months ago, it was last minute because we'd never set a date for it and no-one's mentioned it since. This is typical of my Dad though. He'll blame memory issues, but in reality, it's simply a lack of organisation. I was planning on having a quiet night on Thursday - I have a few books to read - so peace and quiet and a book was looking good. But a 5 PM phone call from my brother-in-law put paid to that. It turned out to be an OK night. It would have been better, but I was annoyed at the lack of organisation by Dad and it's not the first time that this kind of thing has happened and I simply wasn't in the mood for it.

Last night was slightly different. I was meeting AM, QC1 plus husbands and FP. It started early and finished late and many, many beers were had. After Thursday night, I was knackered, and not really in the mood for it due to tiredness. Cancelling was not an option as I haven't seen AM in nearly two years. However,  once I got there, things livened up.

It was a good night, and I have tentative arrangements to see AM separately in a few weeks for lunch. AM and I used to be close, but the past ten years saw us drift apart.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...