Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Oh dear.

There was a chance that D and I were going to be making a trip to London later this year. I was looking forward to it - it was a chance to tick something off my Bucket List - see a sports team. By chance, D's team and mine were playing each other in London, so D suggested that we went.

Sadly, D messaged today to say that it's unlikely he'll be able to attend due to finances.

While it's not 100% ruled out as yet, it has that feeling about it. I can't see things changing within the next few weeks when the tickets go on sale, to enable him to attend.

This wouldn't be an issue if his wife worked. She hasn't been permanently employed in well over ten years, possibly longer. I don't know if this is a problem for D. I know it's been brought up by all of us when we're in the pub. While it may not annoy him, I do know that only having one salary come into the house makes things tight, financially, every now and again and treats, such as trips to London to see his sports team, are off the menu.

I'm not exactly flush with cash myself, but I could have afforded a weekend in London as a treat.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...