Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Six degrees of Ruuude.

Years ago, prior to moving into the first shared house with UF and subsequently living next door to Attractive Neighbour, I was looking at potential new housemates and places to live. I browsed several sites - SpareRoom, Gumtree etc. looking for somewhere nice to share.

As part of this search, I spotted an interesting sounding flatmate. Female, slightly younger than me, interesting profile... and cute. Like really cute. Slim, redhead, pretty, thin. I sent her a message to see if she would be interested in sharing with a bloke, but no reply. And then I found her on Plenty of Fish. I can't remember if I messaged her there as well... it's unlikely, but she was cute. And interesting.

She popped up on my Facebook "people you may know" feed today. Different surname, so married. So, yeah, I had a quick browse of her profile and it's amazing how many people I've messaged over the years on various online dating sites that she has as friends . There must be around a dozen people including the likes of Orlaith McAllister and Attractive Neighbour plus The Designer and a few others who have not previously been mentioned on the blog.

And I realise now that both Nearly Flatmate and Attractive Neighbour are quite alike - slim, attractive, redheads.

I know I've often mentioned how small it feels my local area is, how many people we all know, albeit indirectly, and how often coincidences seem to happen, but around a dozen people that I've actually gone and messaged is still quite impressive. And, yes, worth blogging.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...