Monday, April 09, 2018

Change.

A relatively sleepless night. Well, it was OK until I woke around 5 AM and couldn't get back to sleep, not even with some, ahem, natural assistance.

By the time that KfW2 arrived at mine, to go to work, I was already knackered, yawning and had a headache. This was on top of the back and neck pains I had been experiencing all last week.

When we arrived at work, KfW2 disappeared for a chat with the HR department, after her unsuccessful job interview a few weeks ago. It transpires that the guy who interviewed her thought she was a great fit for his team and is still looking to expand, so KfW2 could get another interview.

She's delighted. I'm gutted (but pleased for her nonetheless). I'm not good with change and, close friendship aside, KfW2 has been part of my daily life for eight years. I've missed other friends leaving the team, though not to the extent that I would KfW2. And I do know that no matter where she goes, she'll be within 100 m and accessible via instant messenger. Plus her current arrangement about leaving her car at mine a couple of times per week would still come in to play. It's not like she's leaving the company or the country or anything, but still... change is change.

It dampened my mood somewhat. Despite the tiredness and headache, the weather was nice here and I was in decent form until that.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...