Sunday, March 04, 2018

And again...

KfW2 is completely stressed. Once again, we're 95% of our target, a no small feat given the extremely aggressive timeline.

But KfW2 is not focusing on the positive, the achievement. Just like she did a few weeks ago, it's the negative. The short comings of others, specifically a co-worker. Admittedly, he can be difficult to work with, but it's not like he hasn't been putting in the work.

KfW2's problem with him is that he hasn't been working himself into the ground as KfW2 and I have been doing. I don't begrudge him that, though.

I think this is another issue of KfW2 expecting too much of people while maybe under-delivering herself in communicating exactly what she needs.

Dozens of emails, all asking us to do things, without clarifying what should be the priority is not great, especially if you're going to lose your temper if we don't do things the way you wanted.

And that's how KfW2 reacted at 7 PM on Friday night when we left the office with her list of things only 50% complete.

I'm not taking the blame here - KfW2's anger is centered on the co-worker.

Thankfully, this phase of the project is over - or will be in a few days. Then I get to take some time off. I've got 3 days of time worked up that I hope to take next weekend.

At the minute, with everything that's going on, I'm limping from one weekend to another, getting increasingly more stressed as the week gets on, then trying to relax at the weekend. But I kinda feel that the stress levels are still rising - the weekends are a minor respite only.

Both KfW2 and USHW have mentioned seeking help - talking to my GP or perhaps some sort of counselling. I don't know that I'm there yet, but if I don' t start getting some resolution to the various work problems that I've been facing over the past two months, then either or both of these options will have to be seriously considered.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...