Monday, March 12, 2018

Sad face.

Facebook has reminded me that it's a complete calendar year since KfW2 and I had our last night out, just the two of us. A night where KfW2, completely serious albeit drunk, made me promise that when I do eventually meet someone special that our friendship won't pay the price.

We've been out socially since then, but always in a group. I've blogged about it before, but any time I've raised it, KfW2 states that she hasn't been out to the pub with anyone else.

She's missing the point. She's been to spa days with CC, for example. Or out with dinner with CC and another work friend.

With me, it's always kiddie play dates with her three kids.

I want to take KfW2 out, sit in the corner of one of our favourite pubs, people watch, chat and drink gin. And shots, when KfW2 inevitably gets drunk decides tequila is the way forward.

It was days and nights like these that laid the foundations of our friendship and it would be nice if, every now and again, we could revisit these, for old times... to celebrate one of my dearest ever friendships. But KfW2 is becoming more insistent that she's finished drinking (she hasn't) or that she feels the trip into the city for social events is too much trouble and expense (she has a point here to be fair).

It doesn't stop it from being incredibly disappointing though.

(It's also a calendar year since things started going south in work with my boss, but less of that.)

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...