Monday, January 15, 2018

Daydream

If it were one of those Disney movies that starred Lindsay Lohan from around 2003-ish, you might raise an eyebrow. For reasons that I might yet get into (I haven't decided if I am going to post about other goings on this past week), I wasn't in work today. As a result, I volunteered to go with my sister to pick up my niece from school.

She was delighted to see me. While she has always enjoyed my company, I sometimes got the feeling that I was a stopgap if her mum, or either of my parents weren't available. That's changed over the past few months though and she has been more willing to engage with me.

Today, when collecting my niece, she suddenly decided that it was VERY important that I met her teacher. Off we went, prancing around the playground while her teacher spoke to another parent. Eventually her teacher became free and I was introduced. It wasn't as awkward as I'd thought and the teacher is cute (though married), but I did immediately think back to those Lindsay Lohan Disney movies where kids set up their parents on dates etc.

My niece is too young to understand the dynamic of dating etc. so it wasn't remotely likely... it was just a little daydream.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...