Sunday, January 21, 2018

Party on.

Years ago, after K and I had sex back in 2003 (I think?), we continued to converse. K was trying to initiate a relationship while I was trying to see if we could have a friends-with-benefits arrangement instead.

During these conversations, K admitted two things:

1) She had only slept with five people (not including me).
2) She claimed she was "pretty much a nymphomaniac"

Now, it might be just me, but those two claims seem to be at odds with each other.

Contrast that with an old colleague who, forgive my colourful language, couldn't get enough cock. I left that place to start in the company that currently employs me, but by the time I left, she'd slept with pretty much every single guy in the office. I worked there for a year, but the entire department was only 18 months old when I quit.

Work nights out were interesting. She would disappear shortly after hitting the bar and, more often than not, would leave with a bloke. On one occasion, once we'd finished dinner, she took a work colleague into the disabled toilets and didn't come out for over an hour. It was almost like the red mist would descend once she had a few drinks. Or should that be purple? Oh, how I amuse myself sometimes.

We were the only temps in the office, so we often chatted when all the permanent staff were called away for training etc. She was quite open with me - I've always found that people open up to me - and she admitted that it wasn't just work nights out that ended that way.

I'm not judgemental. If she wanted sex, then why not? During one of my last in-depth, one-to-one conversations with E, she admitted to sleeping with nearly 50 people. I'm all for people being upfront with what they want.

Where I was judgemental was the realisation that she was careless. From our chats, I deduced that she wasn't on the pill, nor did she carry condoms and relied on her "conquests" for contraception. If they didn't carry, then I don't know if it stopped her. And I don't think she'd ever been tested for STIs.

We lost touch after I left until I bumped into her in a bar about three years later. She was heavily pregnant and had no contact with the bump's father. A short while later, she added me on Facebook. She had found religion and had gotten engaged to a bloke from her new church. There was no trace of the party girl of old.

The reason for this trip down memory lane? The ex-party girl in question lives at the end of my street, as I only found out this morning.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...