Thursday, January 18, 2018

Small talk.

Years ago, long before I introduced them, KfW2 and S met at a wedding. I don't know how S knew the couple, but KfW2 worked with both of them.

By all accounts the wedding was a multi-day affair that was a complete party.

KfW2 has remained friendly with both people, though the female half of the couple has moved on, from an employment perspective.

This is all preamble to what happened today. I was collecting my niece from school today and collecting a smile from her teacher, but who was standing a few feet to my left? KfW2's (female) friend. We've only met once, and briefly (I'm more friendly with her husband), so she has no idea who I am/was. However, it appears that her son is in the same class as my niece.

Not the world's most shocking news, but an interesting coincidence nonetheless.

When KfW2 popped in earlier for tea and biscuits, I thought I'd share that story. She was nonplussed.

"I thought it'd be more interesting than that!" she explained.

"I thought it was. People usually complain when I don't share stuff like that cos I think it's unimportant."

And it was true. I often don't share small stories like that because I don't attach importance to them. Small talk is a weakness of mine. It's definitely something I need to work on.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...