Friday, January 05, 2018

Sigh.

While the timing of these things is never great, over the past twelve months, the amount of work "mistakes" that are reported to me as I'm leaving the office for the weekend or a few days' holiday is annoying.

It's not like I have lot of work mistakes - five over the past year, of which none are attributable solely to me - but my manager always makes a big deal of these, and his manager does likewise. This is the first, not just of 2017, but probably in the past five years, that can be reasonably attributed to me.

They're not a big deal - the nature of being a software developer these days means that you're likely to break something, but if you fix it quickly, then great. It's low impact (doesn't stop anything from working fully), can be worked around and doesn't happen often.

My manager will still act like I've burned down his house and I'll have to deal with this on Monday.

This week wasn't great, work-wise, but this is a terrible end to it.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...