Monday, January 08, 2018

Sigh (part 3).

In a meeting about Friday's issue, someone piped up to say that the issue found was "untestable". That alone should be enough to get my manager off my back... if he's even going to get on my back. After all, if it can't be tested, it must be awkward to program, right?

Well, wrong. Kinda. The error is still mine, but it should have been caught by the testing department. Their assertion that the issue was untestable is nonsense. Had they done their job properly, then my mistake would (probably) have been found and everyone would be much happier.

My manager, while well aware of what's going on, has yet to say anything. I expect some kind of chat to happen sooner rather than later, and for the Finger of Blame to be pointed firmly at me before I need to put him in his place. Again.

I shouldn't have to. Nor do I want to. I work better with a manager who has my back, with whom I have a good relationship, who I feel listens to me and empathises with me. This is not the case currently.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...