Friday, January 05, 2018

Building momentum

It's been a slow week back at work and starting the year.

I've been busy in work without being productive due to fire-fighting a lot of ad-hoc issues. I'm still very sluggish at trying to shift this cold, and the cupboards are still full of Christmas treats that need to be eaten errr... disposed of before I can look into a more healthy eating plan. I'll have eaten, errr... disposed of the last of them by the weekend though.

So. Deep breath. Next week I'm hoping to at least take the first steps in losing weight and eating slightly better.

Socially, I was out for dinner last night with CC who's convinced that the soup, dumplings and sushi we had is "healthy". I mean, it's certainly probably better for you than my suggestion which was a chicken wing restaurant, but healthy per se? Plus chicken wings are great comfort food.

There was chat about heading out tonight for pints with GM, SG, FC and S. I don't know if I can be bothered - there's some sport on the telly I want to watch and I'm trying to shift this cold as well - but at the same time, I'd like to catch up with the guys. I'll undoubtedly feel better after I get home and have a shower. I'll decide then.

KfW2 is still ill. I've not seen her in over three weeks which, pregnancy aside, is probably the longest we've gone since we became friends. We've spoken on the phone and swapped text messages, but it's not the same and I kinda miss her a little.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...