Sunday, March 29, 2015

The further adventures of Ruuude in online dating.

My match.com subscription runs out in just over a month at the start of May. So far, my results are pretty much as expected. This time though, I have radically reduced my expectations, so it's not as depressing as it has been the past two times. It's not what I would call "fun" either, though.

Over on PoF, after being a "new" member for a week now, I still only have one visitor. As mentioned previously, she's cute and I will message her, but I'm really lacking in energy recently - work stuff and family stuff has really taken it out of me this week.

There was one girl on Match who I've messaged who, physically, really reminded me of Near Miss. I've popped a message off to her, but as she's already visited my profile on Match, I'm not really expecting a message.

Another girl who I think I've mentioned before who asked me to tell her about myself has repeatedly been back to view my profile, but has not offered up any information or photos of herself as I requested. I really don't know how anyone expected to meet anyone on an online dating site if they're not prepared to upload a picture, never mind talk about themselves.

It might not be getting me down as much this time around, but I still really don't understand the mentality of women on online dating sites. It just seems to be more work than it should on sites supposedly designed to get people to meet.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...