Thursday, March 05, 2015

Dilemma (cont'd)

Following on from my previous post, I still haven't made contact with CH. The temptation is still strong to do so... I don't want to simply throw away something that has, in the past, been good. But I am concerned that if I crumble and contact her either about meeting for lunch or the upcoming work night out, that I'll jut fall back into a habit of doing all the work in the friendship.

She still has said absolutely nothing to me and while I saw her in the town centre earlier today, I dunno if she saw me. She was on her own, without any of her usual friends.

It annoyed me a bit... the whole point of opening up to her was because I can't remember the last time she initiated a conversation... and any time I do so, she dictates pretty much everything.

Maybe the problem is that she's used to people falling in line with her way of thinking? I know part of the reason that we hit it off so well and so quickly originally was because I challenged her on everything. She respected the fact that I wasn't argumentative - if I disagreed with her, I had my own reasons and voiced them. We debated stuff and I enjoyed the verbal sparring.

She has a strong personality and I'd argue that she's easily the strongest personality out of her friends (though there are a couple of firecrackers in there), and maybe she's just used to getting her way?

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...