Thursday, March 12, 2015

You'll never guess what happened.

Today was meant to be me meeting with CH... again. She had gone quiet on the subject, so I pushed for it at the weekend and today was the first day that suited us both.

I arrived into work today to an email sent from CH during the early hours of the morning. No lunch date as she had to go to a funeral. Sigh.

Almost as if she were psychic, KfW2 sent me a text five minutes after I'd gotten CH's email. The "conversation" went something along these lines:

KfW2: You meeting CH?
Ruuude: Nope. Funeral.
KfW2: Not really her fault, is it?
Ruuude: Not really, but there's always something. And a legitimate excuse does not make a last-minute cancellation any less frustrating.
KfW2: I know I'm going through the same with [her friend]. I know how you feel, your annoyance. I've been in the same situation.
Ruuude: It's not annoyance per se. When the cancellation reasons are spurious like only the two of us going to the pub or having to do some shopping for her sister, that's annoying. I don't feel bad for being annoyed at that, but I feel guilty for being frustrated today.
KfW2: Understandable, but do you not feel that if it wasn't [the funeral], it would be something else?
Ruuude: Yeah, and that's the whole core of that part of the problem.

And that's it really. CH has yet to suggest another day to meet. She never has a suggestion to make up for her non-appearances. The funeral wasn't of anyone close - a friend's relative - so it's not like she's emotionally not in the mood. It's pretty much three months now that I've been trying to get to talk to CH about this and four weeks since I came right out and said I thought there was a problem and I'm still trying to get her out on her own so we can talk.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...